I have never had a flat belly most of my life, even while I was still actively exercising in the gym. But experts say it is possible. Here are 10 tips to a flatter mid-section that is worth showing off:
1. Move your afternoon snack time between 3pm to 4pm. Pick up a slice of low-fat cheese, a protein bar, nuts, or a piece of apple. Do not miss this afternoon snack time because it boosts your metabolism and works to balance your blood sugar levels. Eating every 3-4 hours helps balance blood sugar levels as well as your insulin levels. That will keep your body from storing fat in the mid-section.
2. Minimize sugar intake as much as possible. This way, the insulin levels are kept low while keeping the hormone glucagon high. Glucagon is responsible for eating away the fats in the tummy to make it flatter.
3. Chew food properly. This will prevent bloating because the process of digestion has already started in the mouth. That will lessen the gas inside the tummy and lessen bloating.
4. Spend less time doing abdominal exercises. The first thing to do is really to go on a diet, spend some time on cardio exercises, do some strength training and then to do ab exercises.
5. Reduce salt/sodium intake. This will also reduce bloating.
6. Eat whole-grain foods and monounsaturated fats (MUFAs) in controlled portions throughout the day.
7. Laugh a lot. Laughing will strengthen abdominal muscles.