These are some dietary tips to avoid hypothyroidism. This is a condition that will lead to other complications if not treated. But in order to prevent it, the best thing to do is to check out diets. Find the list below as your hypothyroidism diet guide.
1. Iodized salt
2. Goitrogenic foods, such as brussels sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, cassava root, cauliflower, horseradish, millet, mustard, mustard greens, kale, peaches, pears, rutabagas, radishes, soybeans, turnips, and spinach
3. Cold-pressed olive oil and nuts (good sources of vitamin E)
4. Tyrosine-rich foods
5. Shellfish, dairy, eggs, or meat (good sources of zinc and vitamin B12)
6. Whole grains and whole-wheat bread
7. Raw culinary herbs like parsley
8. Vegetables rich in beta-carotene like winter squash
9. Reduce fluoride consumption. Use purified water even for cooking.
While some case of hypothyroidism may really need medication, you can prevent this condition through a good diet.