While it is recommended to visit your family dentist twice a year for regular dental cleaning and check up, there are things that you can do at home in order to maintain dental health.
1. Brush your teeth with a good quality toothbrush and toothpaste at least twice a day or after every meal.
2. Use dental floss after brushing to remove the bacteria that was left between the teeth.
3. Gargle with a mouthwash because it does not only keep the breath smelling fresh, but it kills the bacteria around the mouth that was left from brushing and flossing.
4. Avoid sour foods. Their acid content will corrode the protective enamel of the teeth and make your pearly whites exposed to bacteria that can cause tooth decay.
5. Avoid snacking in between meals, especially if you do not have the opportunity to brush your teeth. If you do eat snacks, at least gargle with water to remove the food stuff that are sticking in your mouth and teeth. Drink water. Juices are good but you have to wash your mouth with water to remove acids and sugars.
These tips were shared by a dentist who thinks that people just do not care much about their teeth. If you think you have dental problems now, then better find a dentist near you and set an appointment already.